Of course sanitising crockery and good hygiene are already important, but these issues take on special relevance in situations such as the current global COVID-19 pandemic. It's a good time to remember how hygiene is achieved with the Sammic range of glasswashers and dishwashers.
All Sammic glasswashers and dishwashers comply with DIN 10534 standards to ensure the machines properly wash and disinfect all items.
*Did you know...?
Items in industrial dishwashers are disinfected by using high temperature water (85 ºC) during the rinsing process.
Using the operating temperatures and cycle times with which the machines are configured by default ensures dishes are thoroughly sanitised. This is how we ensure that the length of time items are in contact with water and the temperature at which the washing and rinsing operations are carried out are effective in removing dirt and microbes from the articles.
With the thermal stop option activated, the dishwasher will not start rinsing until the ideal rinse temperature (85 ºC) has been reached. The machine continues washing until the water in the boiler reaches the required temperature to start rinsing.
Sammic glasswashers and dishwashers with this option have it disabled when they leave the factory because it lengthens the washing cycles. To activate it, users must contact their dealer or a Sammic authorised technical service centre.
Rinsing at constant temperature
The X-61 and S-61 commercial dishwashers and X-100C, X-120C, S-100C and S-120C pass-through dishwashers go one step further in sanitising dishes. They are equipped with a constant-temperature rinse system. This system guarantees optimal hygiene for two reasons:
Firstly, the rinsing process is carried out at a constant temperature from start to finish, thus maintaining the established temperature throughout the process.
In addition, the system has a pressure pump to project the rinsing water, guaranteeing an adequate pressure that ensures effective rinsing of the surface of the articles, regardless of the establishment's network pressure.
In the X-TRA models from model X-51 and in all the SUPRA models of Sammic glasswashers and dishwashers, the digital display allows us to see the machine's operating temperatures, allowing us to verify in a simple and visual way that the machine is operating within the correct parameters (washing between 50 ºC and 60 ºC, rinsing between 80 ºC and 90 ºC).
In this post, we would like to remind users of all types of dishwasher of other recommendations and suggestions that help ensure items are correctly washed and disinfected:
- Change the water in the wash tank after each work shift.
- Thoroughly clean the inside of the machine with a cloth and neutral detergent at the end of the day. It is important to make sure that no dirt remains in the tank or on the interior walls of the machine.
- Dismantle and clean the wash tank filters.
- Do the same with the washing arms (there are two, one at the top and one at the bottom), paying particular attention to ensuring that the nozzles are free from impurities or dirt.
- Periodically check the levels of detergent and rinse aid in the dispensers that feed the machine.
- Periodically check the operating temperatures (for machines equipped with a temperature display)